Friday 20 October 2023

This Won't Get Any Fucking Better

At some point earlier this year Rev announced a new record by a band called Planet On A Chain. I hadn't heard of the band before, and thought that it sounded like a weird name for a band, but mentally I am still in the same place that I was at 20 years ago whereby I assume that any new hardcore band signed by Rev must be good, so I was down to check it out. I ordered the LP but don't have it yet, but I listened to it a bunch of times and I have found that the nore I listen to it, the better it gets. There is absolutely no doubt that this band rips.

Well, whilst I wait for the LP to arrive, I managed to satisfy my vinyl needs with a couple of 7"s being sold by a UK distro. The first is titled 'This Won't Get Any FUcking Better' and is, I believe, the demo pressed to wax.

This version I have obtained is part of the second press on 'eco' vinyl. 300 made.

The second is called 'Last Word. Last Act'. On the bandcamp page this is referred to as 'Demo 2' and was recorded in July 2021 and was sold on cassette. Obviously the vinyl format is far superior, although slightly disappointing as this one was pressed at the shitsville pressing plant. Apparently there were 200 pressed on orange.

About a week ago Rev announced that they were putting out another Planet On A Chain LP soon of a record that was released digitally only. So at some point in the future I'm gonna end up with a pretty big pile of POAC records... which is fine by me. After a couple of months of casually listening to this band, I feel that I am now really starting to get it, so it's cool that there is a pile of material to get stuck into.

No comments: