Friday 6 October 2023

Too Many Buttons

The third and final installment in my recent trade, and this one is the same as the previous two posts insofar as it another version of a record I already own.

I haven't listened to Samiam in quite a long time. I initially got into the band in the early 90s and have always liked their early records, but they weren't a band that I kept up with as the years rolled by. I think I lost interest when they moved to a major and their new album was CD only. But recently I've been listening to a lot of music through the daytime whilst working, and I've been enjoying some quieter and more melodic stuff as a result. I mean, it's tough to focus on fill out insurance forms with some youth crew jams blasting out in the background.

So this is a red vinyl repress of the first Samiam 7" on Lookout! Records. I'm not exactly sure of what year this was made, but I do know that it is a later press because it comes in a brown sleeve, and the label's address is Berkeley. The first press copies came in a purple sleeve and have the Laytonville address. I had always thought that the colour vinyl copies were all part of the first press until only a couple of years ago when I spotted this colour vinyl version in the brown sleeve.

The sleeve on this one is made from quite flimsy paper, so it could be from relatively early in the 90s. I have no idea. But I do like having a third copy to sit with the other two that I have had in my collection for many years, and it's kinda cool sometimes to not know any pressing info whatsoever.

No comments: