Saturday 14 October 2023

Give One More Blood

Back at the start of this year Bane announced that they were coming back to play some shows. The first couple were set to take place in Boston in June, and there were more shows to follow a couple of months later at some big festivals. Then the day before the first of the shows, the band posted a pic of a couple of records that would be for sale - both different colours of a new 'anniversary pressing' of the 'Give Blood' LP (originally released in 2001). Being a longtime collector of Bane records with an almost complete collection, I felt that I needed these records in my life.

Well, fortunately Mike was going to the show and offered to try to pick up a record for me. And then a week or so later he took the trouble to fly it over and hand deliver it at my house.

There were 250 copies of this marble green colour, and also 250 copies on neon pink. I don't know how many sold at the show, but there were a few left adter the event.

I have to say that this seems like a really high quality product. The sleeve is a gatefold thing with a cut out cover, and there's a thick booklet included. I haven't seen inside it as I didn't want to remove the shrinkwrap.

Where the story gets slightly interesting is that a few days later, a whole bunch of other colours were announced. I think that in total there are 9 different colours, with most being allocated to different retailers as 'exclusives'. Not to mention that each copy costs $40 or more. So I decided that I wasn't going to bother trying to collect this. After over 20 years of collecting Bane records, modern collecting has finaly extinguisehed the flame for me. It's a game I no longer want to play. I mean, if they had cost half as much and if I would have been able to buy them all from one source, then I might have considered buying 9 copies of this, but with things the way they are it's a pretty easy decision to exit the game at this point.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Looking good. But you definitely need a second copy so you can check out the booklet.