Sunday 7 May 2023

Indivisible Songs For Walking

Last year I discovered the band Lungfish for the first time in my life. The band was active from 1990 up until the mid 2000s, and cranked out an impressive 12 full length albums on Dischord Records in their career. I was attracted to the cover art for one of their records last year, and then got sucked into buying 4 colour vinyl represses. I figured that maybe they would get around to repressing their entire catalog on colour vinyl, and it feels like this is likely to happen as two more have followed since. And of course, I bought both.

'Talking Songs For Walking' is the band's 2nd album, originally released in 1992. It has been repressed on a nice looking clear vinyl.

'Indivisable' is the 6th album, originally released in 1997, pressed on clear blue.

Looking at the cover of this record, I have to wonder what happened back in 1997 when this was being released. Was there a deadline to get it out and the art guy called in sick for the week?

Usually when I get into a band that has a lot of records in their catalog, it will take me years to work my way through them. But I've listened to a lot of Lungfish these past few months. The music is pretty laid back and relaxing, which makes it the perfect choice to have on whilst working. So I'm working my way through their catalog a lot faster than any other band I have ever listened to. With the recent colour vinyl represses, I now own 6 of their 12 albums, and I don't doubt that the rest will follow in the not too distant future.

No comments: