Monday 25 October 2021

Living With 2 God Complexes

Back in 2015 I picked up an orange vinyl copy of the Harvest 'Living With A God Complex' LP. I'd wanted one ever since the record was released back was 1997, and I really don't know why it took so long to find one, but hey, that's how the game plays out sometimes I guess. Anyway, I also hoped that one day I would also track down one of the more limited grey vinyl copies, and finally that day has arrived.

They grey vinyl is actually what the plants used to call 'scrap', being made up of lots of leftover colours that all got blended together. There are traces of other colours in there. It looks pretty rad.

Just in case you were wondering where the title of this post came from, here you are:

There are two other releases that I own released by the same label (Trustkill) that came on grey vinyl with hand numbered labels. One is a Harvest 7", the other is an Endeavor LP. I thought it would be fun to dig them out for a group photo. If nothing else, it shows how the grey for this LP isn't really grey like the others.

There is one more Harvest 7" on Trustkill that comes on grey vinyl with a hand numbered label. Given the amount of time that it has taken to get the LP, I'm probably scheduled to track it down in about 2038.

1 comment:

geoff said...

the grey version of that record never pops up anywhere. no one ever wants to give them up either. well done on tracking it down. i was lucky enough to find one in the used bin in the late 90s.