Saturday 30 October 2021

Agression

Once again I found myself sucked into buying a record on It's Alive Records because the pacckaging looked top notch. The record is titled 'SSL' and it is by a band called Agression. I will admit that I picked this up just based on the label that released it and the front cover. I didn't really know or research anything about the band.

I'm not even sure what this record is to be honest. I say that because it's not a studio album. It's some kind of compilation. The label doesn't seem to have any kind of website or online store, so there's no 'official' description of what this is. DIscogs simply says 'Demo/Live/Studio Recordings'. Still, whatever it is, it comes on a 'hot' pink vinyl with a hand written b-side label. It looks good.

The paper inner sleeve is printed and numbered out of 300 copies.

As usual with most It's Alive releases, there are plenty of extras packed in here in the form of posters, flyers, stickers, etc. A really impressive package.

It turns out that I have probably been living in a vacuum for most of my life having not heard of Agression before. They were a band for many years and started very early, and are considered one of the earliest 'skate rock' bands. They play kinda 'classic' sounding west coast early 80s punk. Their debut LP was released by BYO back in 1983 and a 6th album was released in 2006. A couple of the early LPs have pretty iconic front covers too. So I'm looking at this record as a gateway to finding out more about this band.

1 comment:

Paolo said...

Their masterpiece LP "don't be mistaken" is going to be repressed by Trust records in 2022. Limited copies will include a Live at Fender's 7" by It's Alive. It's Alive has also repressed a live 7" by them last year, numbered to 100, with the usual cool packaging.