Sunday 24 October 2021

Tides Of Tomorrow

It's been a while since I added anything to my Cave In test press collection, so I'm stoked on this one. This is a test press for the 'Tides Of Tomorrow' EP. However, specifically, this is a test press for the picture disc version. I already have a test press for the regular version of the record, but at some point I found out that there was also a different test press for the picture disc. Just like the other test press for this record, it comes in a white paper sleeve with a Cave In sticker on and it's hand numbered out of 23 copies.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that this was a white vinyl record with no labels. The main thing that shows that this is a faux picture disc is the black rim around the outside edge. Admittedly, without labels, this isn't the most visually interesting record in my collection. But it was necessary to fill in a missing hole in the Cave In test press collection.

I'm not a fan of picture discs generally. In fact, I'm not aware of anyone who is. But I decided to take a photo of this against the 'regular' picture disc that I own of this one, and I think the photo is really cool.

I also decided to take a photo of the two different picture discs next to each other. Regular test press with Erika labels numer 1/23, and the picture disc test number 3/23. Pretty cool that there were 23 of each version.

No comments: