Saturday 2 May 2020

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Record collecting can be a roller coaster ride of emotions at times. I saw that Painkiller had pressed up 208 final copies of the first Violent Reaction LP on blue vinyl, and at first I thought to myself 'hey, that looks cool, I want one'. But then, as often happens, I didn't actually want to spend the money. So I just waited a little, trying to decide whether I actually wanted to buy one or not. And then I suddenly realised that it was sold out. And then my mind went into the 'shit, I need to get one of these ASAP' gear.

Fortunately, I managed to find a distro that had one copy left, which I didn't hesitate to buy.

This is described as 'Everton blue' vinyl, and the inner paper sleeve is black and stamped and numbered with the Everton logo:

For those of you unaware of what this is all about, Everton F.C. is a british football club, based in Liverpool. I'm going to assume that Tom is a fan and this is a pretty cool tribute to the club. Here's the actual Everton logo:

The latin 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' apparently translates as 'Nothing but the best is good enough'. Kinda sounds a bit like my record collection, right?

No comments: