Monday 11 May 2020

Two Thousand Cries

I've been around in this game long enough to have seen a few unique items over the years. So when a friend decided to sell some bits, the first thing on my want list was this quirky, one of a kind (probably) Despair 'One Thousand Cries' 7":

As you can see, this comes on a yellowish vinyl with some orange swirls. But this record was only pressed on either orange or white. So clearly this is some kind of cool looking transition copy. I'd only ever seen one of these before, and this is it.

I already owned the other (regular) orange copy, so figured I should also pick up the white vinyl copy so that I could have a full set.

But of course, I still don't have a full set, because I don't have a black one. But I'm not bothered about that. Oh yeah, plus there's some kind of limited sleeve version which, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen in all of the 25 years since this thing came out. Is that even possible? It doesn't seem so. Perhaps I saw it and forgot what it looks like? Hmmmm. Not sure. But if anyone has one and can send me a picture, let me know.

So this last pic shows the 3 copies that I own together. As you can see, the regular orange looks pretty different to the yellowy orangey swirl copy. So you can see why i was keen to pick it up.

1 comment:

Kyle H. said...

Pretty sure you can see the limited cover here: https://buffalohardcore.wordpress.com/vinylgallely/