Saturday 16 May 2020

More Forced Order

There are some records for which no human can ever obtain a complete collection. The 'Vanished Crusade' LP by Forced Order is a great example. Revelation pressed 4 'official' colour versions, but there are some crazy variations of a couple of them, to the point where nobody really knows how many actual different variations exist. And there's a record release version with a different sleeve. And of course, a test press.

I picked up this test press a couple of weeks ago, and I was pretty stoked. But when I looked at it, something looked weird. Side A is crammed with lots of songs, and the groove almost runs right to the centre label (you my be able to see this in the above photo), whereas Side B only has a couple of songs and then there's a lot of dead wax. I compared it to the regular pressings of the record, and it's completely different, so I figured that there must be two test pressings. I then contacted Adam at Revelation and he confirmed this. So despite moving one step closer to 'completing' the collection of this record, I then immediately found out that I'm one step further back. Never did the name of this blog seem quite so appropriate.

I also picked up the record release version of the band's 'Retribution' 7". I had originally bought one of these in 2016, but it got lost in the post. There are only 35 copies of this with the release show sleeve, which isn't many, so I'm happy to have finally found another.

The cover of this is a rip off of the Fury 'Kingdom Come' 7". Interestingly, the record release press of the Fury 7" features a rip off of this Forced Order 7". I love stuff like this. Nerdy hardcore facts that most people wouldn't know or care about.

2 comments:

Willem RWHAF said...

I don't listen to those bands but like the fact that you discovered that mystery test press. You didn't get more specified information from Revelation? Also like that both bands paid tribute to each other by both ripping off one of their covers... Never actually seen that before!

Mike said...

Very cool info about the Forced Order/Fury record releases!