Monday 13 April 2020

Social Distance

When I picked up the Walleye LP, I needed to find something else to spend my money on to help justify the postage. Some of the mainland european countries seem to have a postage cost that is a fixed amount, so it's the same cost to send you either one record or ten. So I checked the sellers items and found a copy of the first Striking Distance 7" that i didn't already have. Turns out it is the release show version, on red vinyl and in a sleeve which is numbered out of 150 copies.

The date at the top of the sleeve shows 20 February 2000. Twenty years ago. On the one hand it makes sense, because I remember getting the LP in 2001 or 2002. But still, I can't quite fathom how this could be 20 years.

Anyway, this is the 4th version of this 7" that I have picked up over the course of twenty years. I put them all together for a photo and then realised that I put them in the wrong order. Oh well.

No comments: