Wednesday 8 April 2020

Pussy

There have been a lot of times over the years where I have mentioned rare records on here and said that I doubt I will ever get one... and then I end up getting one. This post is a pretty big example. The Dwarves 'Blood, Guts and Pussy' on pink vinyl. Absolutely rare as fuck.

I picked up a grey vinyl copy of this record back at the end of the 2016, and in that post I said:

This LP also exists on pink vinyl, but that's even rarer still. I also never thought I'd own one of those, but hey... anything is possible I guess. Maybe one day...

What I certainly couldn't have predicted was that I'd get the pink one for less than the grey one. So it's a double win.

I first bought this record back in (I think) 1992. I'm disappointed that I can't remember exactly where I bought it, but I do know that it was a picture disc. Back then I was happy with that copy. But then at some point I found out that there was a red vinyl copy, so I added it to the wants list and eventually managed to get one about ten years later. It was then probably another 5 years or so that I was unaware that there were also other colors, but when I realised they seemed stupidly expensive, so I did what I always do and waited it out. And eventually both came to me.

Pulling these out to take the group photo, something occurred to me that I'd never thought of before. The title of the record is 'Blood, Guts and Pussy' and the vinyl colours are red, grey and pink. So I wondered whether the vinyl colours were each supposed to represent one of the parts of the record title. Blood (red), Guts (grey) and Pussy (pink). This is just a theory that I've come up with, and I've never heard anyone else mention it before, but I'm keen to know whether I'm right. I might even see if anyone at Sub Pop can confirm.

1 comment:

Nico said...

Smart observation on the colours chosen for the vinyl. I just started listening to some Dwarves again.