Monday 20 April 2020

A Test In The Dark

When New Age put up some 'sold out' records up for sale a few months back, they also put up a couple of older test pressings too. There were probably only one or two copies of each available, and sadly a couple that I really badly wanted were sold out by the time I got there. But I was early enough to grab a test press of the Outspoken 'A Light In The Dark' LP.

Sadly this isn't an original test press of this release. If you were sharp eyed, you would notice that this record has the 'new' Erika labels, which denotes that this is a test press of the repress that came out in 2010. Still cool though, even though straight edge isn't cool anymore.

I always thought that this LP was underrated. I think it got panned back in the day, but I always liked it a lot. Good job too, as I now own 6 copies of the thing. But I'm still looking for two more versions - the yellow vinyl, and the 2012 tour press. Get at me if you have either and would let them go.

1 comment:

Willem RWHAF said...

Haha, cool to be reminded of that period of the repress by your link!