Saturday 18 April 2020

War & Insanity

Another item I ordered from New Age Records is an LP titled 'War & Insanity' LP by a band called Maniac. I hadn't heard of the band before, but a quick check online and I decided I'd buy it. The band is from somewhere in Massachusetts, and contain two members of one of my current favourite bands, Restraining Order. Apparently they've been going since 2010, and this album was originally released in 2018 on a different label on cassette only. It's pretty good hardcore, although I can't describe it as it crosses over a few different styles. Musically it reminds me of Forced Order, Integrity and The Suicide File in places, with vocals that kinda make me think of early B9 bands. That's about as good a description as I can come up with.

So I picked up the 77 pressing, to keep my 77 pressing collection as complete as possible. It's a pretty rad clear blue colour with some black swirls.

I also grabbed a test press that the label put up for sale. It was pretty cheap as tests go, so I didn't really hesitate to add it to the cart, although it's not overly exciting to look at.

I have to say, I'm enjoying this recent resurgence of New Age Records. They're churning out some pretty good stuff lately, and me trying to keep my 77 pressing collection going is opening me up to some new bands that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise. Stay tuned, because more posts on this same theme will follow...

No comments: