Saturday 16 December 2023

U.S. Songs In A Transit Wind

Back in 2015 I was getting pretty sick of all of the represses that Revelation were cranking out. It felt that there was a new one every week, and it felt like they were almost relying on idiots like me to give them a stable monhtly income. It felt like it had crossed a line and I decided to just stop. And then three or four years later, I decided to start again for various reasons, and here I am at the end of 2023 still chasing some of the records from 2015-2017 that I missed. Even though most were pressed in generous amounts (usually 500 at least), a few of them just never seem to pop up for sale, which is kinda weird. But that's how modern collecting is I guess. The gane has changed.

Semi recently I found one of the records I was missing for sale at a distro, which I assume had been sat there for a few years. The red vinyl 2015 pressinf of the first ELliott LP 'U.S. Songs'. There were 550 made and it is without doubt one of the thickest and heaviest records that Rev have ever put out.

There's not much else ot dsay about this one really, but it's kinda funny how little enthisiasm I had for this when it came out, versus how happy I was to receive this recently and cross it off the list.

Interestngly, when I received this, there ewas also another Elliott record included that I did not order or pay for. But given I didn't already own it, I was happy to keep it. This is the 'Songs In A Transit Wind' 12" that was originally released by Simba Recordings in 2013. It compiles three of the band's 7"s onto a 12".

This grey vinyl version is from the second press of 500 copies. I assumed that there must be lots of leftover copies out there that nobody cared about which is why I got one thrown in for free. But a quick google suggests that this is not the case. So I'll just chalk this one up to good luck.

No comments: