Monday 25 December 2023

72 Seasons

My last post was the story my hunt for the Walmart exclusive pressings of the first 5 Metallica albums, which I managed to pick up across 3 different stores.

Well, the story didn't quite end there. As I was in the mood for buying Metallica records, I also decided I should pick up the latest one, '72 Seasons', which was released earlier this year. Prior to my USA trip, I had no plan to buy this record, as I wasn't fussed about owning Metallica records on vinyl. the second that changed, I figured that I should probably grab the latest one when it was right in front of me.

Checking discogs, this record has been pressed on a lot of different colours, but I think the one I picked up is potentially the most appropriate as it seems like a pretty good match to the cover. This 'Yellow and black swirl vinyl' is the Walmart exclusive.

As far as the record goes, this just might be my favourite record of the year. I've only been listending to it the past couple of weeks, but it's pretty much the only record I can think of in the last few months that I actually get excited to listen to. No doubt I will tire of it pretty soon, but right now this isbeing played at least once a day.

1 comment:

Mike said...

This record is surprisingly good. I don't play it a lot, but when I do, I always enjoy it.