Saturday 9 December 2023

No Doubt

My record buying has never really been focused. I generally just buy stuff from bands or people that I like, and wil investigate some of the newer hype bands, but a lot of new stuff I'm just not interested in, mainly because of the look of the records. I mean, I absolutely loved the Restraining Order 1st LP, but I have zero enthusiasm to check out the second one because it looks so awful. It just feels like modern hardcore has gone down an aesthetic road that I don't get, and I feel that it is disconnecting me from modern hardcore.

That said, sometimes I listen to my friends and am happy to check out something new. So when Mike wrote so positively about the Method Of Doubt 'Staring At Patterns' 12", there was no way I could ignore it. I had to check out. And pretty quickly I kew I needed to buy a copy.

I actually listened to this quite a lot last year around September time, but only recently got around to getting a vinyl copy. I was more than happy to grab one of the clear copies which is out of 200.

When I googled the band to try to find out more information I discovered two things. Firstly, that they were from Florida, which surprised me as hardcore bands are rarely from the Sunshine State. And secondly that the band broke up about a year and a half ago. This is a great record, so it's a shame that we won't be hearing more from Method Of Doubt. And there was me thinking that I was up to date for a second there...

1 comment:

Mike said...

I still listen to this record regularly. There is something about it that still sounds fresh and exciting a year later. Glad to see you pick up a copy of it!