Tuesday 19 December 2023

Going For The Throat... Again

The year is rapidly drawing to a close, and one of my final posts for the year is pretty similar to my 4th post of the year, in that it is for an Impel 7".

So Impel was a Californian band from the late 90s. Back then I loved them. They released four 7" records in their time (two of which were splits with other bands) and a 12", and even though I got them all back when they came out, it was only this year when I picked up a test press of their first 7" that I subsequently discovered that there was a colour vinyl version of one of their 7"s that I had never previously known about.

This 7" is a split between Impel and a Swedish band, Division Of Laura Lee, which was released by a Sedish label. This was actually the last Impel release, coming out in 1999, and I am going to guess that it came about after Impel's european tour. Obviously I have no real idea if this is true, but I know the band toured europe at some point and I saw them live in the UK. So it makes sense that they played Sweden back then and then got approached by the Swedish label to do this record.

Anyway, I bought this when it came out. I don't remember where I got it, but after owning it for 24 years or so I discovered that there was a green vinyl copy listed on discogs. Better yet, there was one for sale. It was cheap and a prety easy decision to buy it.

I also discovered that there is also apparently a clear green vinyl version as well. Crazy how these things could have evaded my awareness for so long. But it's fun to pick up these cheap, forgotten records all these years later.

No comments: