Tuesday 14 November 2023

Post Ejaculation Depression

At some point recently I was scrolling the list of releases on the New Red Archives record label, and I came across the name of a band that I'd heard a friend mention a few months ago. The band was called P.E.D. and their LP, 'Post Ejaculation Depression' was released as New Red Archives catalog number 1 back in 1988. There was a copy for sale in the UK for only £5 still in shrinkwrap, so I figured I'd pick it up.

Considering the age of this record, it is in really great shape. Coincidentally I read a comment on a post this week from somebody saying that you should always take the shrinkwrap off, but I strongly disagree with that. This record feels like it just arrived fresh from the label, and I'm sure that the shrinkwrap is partly to thank.

I tried to find info online about this band, but to no avail. Pretty much the only thing I could find was that they were from New Jersey, and Rob Fish (from 108 / Ressurection / Release) thinks that they were great. Other than that... nothing.

This is a hard record to describe. It's hardcore but kinda goofy in some places, but super catchy in others. It definitely sounds a little dated, but I'm kinda into 80s bands so that's fine. It reminds me of the Ill Repute record that I bought last year. It's great fun. If you fancy checking it out, try the song 'Aye, Aye, Aye" The Pirate Said'.

1 comment:

geoff said...

i think chris ross from nora, rotp , ensign, etc played in PED. to this day i still enjoy their one song, the frog song. i think that was on the 7".