Saturday 18 November 2023

Downhill Fast

There are lots of records that I don't really think that I collect but for which I have several copies. You know what it's like... you pick up a copy and then you see another cool copy and buy that too, and one and on. And then all of a sudden you have a collection. And then you're left scratching your head and wondering why you have multiple copies of a certain record and where they all came from. And then you want to get even more.

I spotted this Posi Numbers edition of the Drug Test 'Needle In Your Neck' 7" for sale and knew I 'needed' it, because prior to buying this one I only had 6 copies of this 7".

This cover was made for Posi Numbers fest back in 2005. It's hand numberd out of 50 copies on the back cover. There are also copies on yellow vinyl in the same sleeve, but I'm unclear as to whether there are 50 sleeves total with some green vinyl and some yellow vinyl, or whether there are 50 green vinyl copies and 50 yellow vinyl copies. If I had to guess I'd say that there are probably 50 total with this sleeve, and an unknown number of each vinyl colour. But I'm not sure I'll ever know.

I last picked up a couple of Drug Test 7"s at the start of 2021, at which point I celebrated with a collection photo. This time around I couldn't be bothered. Maybe next time...

No comments: