Friday 24 November 2023

Sliver II

Only last month I finally managed to pick up a copy of Nirvana's 'Sliver' 7" after wanting one for a few years. Except when I finally bought one, I then ended up buying another just because it was there and that's the kind of guy I am.

Well, a month later and there are now two more of the bloody things knocking about in my house.

I spotted this orange copy for sale in the UK and just figured I should grab it. So I did. It's from the same pressing as the yellow one I picked up last month. Apparently there are solid orange copies, and slightly transparent copies which are referred to as 'peach'. I'm not entirely sure which this is, but using the Seaweed 'Measure' 7" as a guide, I think this is probably the peach one.

The next copy I grabbed looks kinda crappy compared to the others. This is the UK pressing on Tupelo Records.

This one comes in a gatefold sleeve, although it's annoying because it opens the wrong way. Rather than open fron right to left, like gatefold LP covers, this one opens from bottom to top. Still, kinda cool that only the UK pressing has the gatefold and the inner photo.

I really, really shouldn't get sucked into collecting this one as there are a LOT of versions out there. But for some reason I just can't help myself. Hopefully at some point I'll manage to find a first press blue vinyl copy. I think that's my main goal for this record now.

No comments: