Tuesday 1 February 2022

The First Of Too Many

Another record I have taken from my friend's collection I am selling is an album from a band called Senseless Things. They were a UK band in the early 90s, and played a kind of mix between pop punk and indie. They also achieved a bit of success over here and had a couple of songs in the top 40. Around the age of 15 to 17, my skate friends were all into them, but I never really was. I mean, I dabbled with a couple of songs on a 12" EP, but that was about it.

So here we are 30 years or so later, and you know how it is with the passing of time - sometimes it is kind to some music. I've been feeling nostalgic of late, and very much enjoying some more poppy stuff, so I decided to give this one a go... and I found myself really enjoying it. I've ended up playing it quite a lot in the past month or so, so when it came to selling records I decided that I wanted to keep hold of this one.

This is the band's second LP titled 'The First Of Two Many' which was originally released back in 1991.

This one also exists on purple vinyl, although I think that's a later pressing. I'm happy with this one.

I've also been listening to their other releases online as a result of being into this one, so I may have to try to track those down at some point. I've said this before, but if I could go back in time to 1991 and tell myself that I'd be actively seeking out Senseless Things vinyl records in 2022, I'd probably have thought that the future was actually some weird parallel universe.

No comments: