Friday 11 February 2022

Who Cares Wins

Looking back at this blog, it was ten years ago that I got into an old UK indie pop punk band called Mega City Four. I was aware of them from a pretty young age as my friends were into them when I was 15 or 16, although back then I wasn't interested. But randomly I got one of their songs in my head in 2012 and bought a couple of their records, which I really enjoyed. But Iwas happy with the couple of records I bought and felt no need to venture further into their discography.

Well, nearly ten years on and I found a copy of their second album in the collection I have been selling, so I gave it a spin and it immediately went onto the 'keep' pile.

This record is a weird colour for sure. It's kinda somewhere between gold and brown and I don't think I've seen this colour ever before. Not that this is a bad thing really. It's not the nicest colour ever.

Anyway, this is the kind of record that takes a bit of effort to appreciate. The first couple of plays it felt a little slow, but with each subsequent play it sinks its hooks deeper into my brain. After listening for the past week and a half or so, today I was at the stage where I woke up this morning and immediately wanted to listen to this. I'm not sure how long it will last, but this is a really great find and I feel like a fool as I could have found this a decade ago.

No comments: