Saturday 29 January 2022

Demmamussabebonk

Snuff was one of the first bands that I got into, back in about 1990. I don't really know why or how, but one of my friends bought their album back when we were 15. At some point he left it at my house for a few days, and I played it a lot. I even remember my mum laughing at it once because she thought it was ridiculous and not proper music, haha. Anyway, i was into them for a couple of years, but same as a lot of the bands I used to listen to, my tastes changed and I kinda lost interest in them. I think around the same time they reformed and started to get bigger and they got picked up by Fat Wreck. So I just had them chalked up as one of those bands that I used to like.

'Demmamussabebonk' is the band's 3rd full length and was released in 1996 on Deceptive Records in the UK and by Fat Wreck in the States.

This copy that I have acquired is in mint condition, which is partly what drew me to it. I had never heard it until this month, and I have loved playing it. I think sometimes musical taste is a bit like the tide, in that sometimes things are in and sometimes out. But when they are out they are able to come back in again. I'm now definitely interested in catching up on some of the Snuff records that I have missed over the past 25 years or so.

No comments: