Wednesday 9 February 2022

Let 'Em Out

I'm still stuck firmly in my early 90s pop punk phase thanks to the collection I have been selling. Today's post isn't exactly pop punk, but more of a hardcore 7" by a band that later in their career became kinda pop punk. This is the second release by No Use For A Name, a 7" called 'Let 'Em Out', released by Slap A Ham Records in 1990. I picked up a copy of this 7" many, many years ago, but couldn't resist keeping this one as it's on a nice shade of clear blue vinyl.

This is also one of those 7"s that I have kinda fallen into collecting by accident, as this marks my 3rd copy. The 1st press copies are on solid colours of vinyl and have blue labels, whereas the 2nd press copies are on clear vinyl colours and have pink labels. I'm not sure exactly how many colours exist, but there are quite a few different ones to collect. I'm not sure that I will ever add more copies to this collection unless I see any copies for sale cheap.

This one had me listening to No Use For A Name again and I have to say, their first 3 LPs are still great. I never listened to anything after 'The Daily Grind', but I may have to now give some of their later releases a go now finally after all these years.

No comments: