Thursday 10 December 2020

United Blood 2011

Collecting records is not for the impatient. I know some people out there can't seem to wait, and send emails out all over the place to try to acquire things that they are missing, and some of these people have a lot of success this way. But me, I'm happy to just add something I want to my want list and just sit back and wait. And sometimes it can take a long time. But I'm ok with that. There are so many things I want that stuff is always popping up (as you may have noticed), so I think it's fine to just wait to seewhat comes long rather than go out and chase things.

On this theme, Supertouch released a 7" back in 2011 called 'Lost My Way' (on a side note, I can't believe it has been almost 10 years, but hey, that's how life is these days - I'm old and time is flying). To date I have managed to collect 5 versions of this thing, and there are two more I don't have (well actually, one I do have that I bought about 3 years ago, but it's still not with me yet). The other version I never thought I would get, as there were only 20 copies made. But then out of the blue a couple of weeks ago I got a message from fellow blogger Willem telling me that he wanted to send me this record, so of course I couldn't really say no.

This version is an odd one. The second press of this record was 1070 copies, all on black vinyl, but there were then 5 different sleeve variations. This one is the most limited in terms of numbers made, but basically this is just a standard cover with a United Blood 2011 stamp in the bottom left corner of the front cover. I assume that the band played at that show, else this would be a weird thing to make. There were only 20 of these made, which is why it's so difficult to find one. And when to consider that people from the label and the band may have copies, I wonder how many of the 20 actually got sold to Joe Public?

I remember at some point in the past, probably not long after this came out, there was talk of a second Supertouch LP. It was supposed to come out on Triple B Records. Any talk of this went silent for several years, but in the past couple of weeks I saw something on it again, although now I think aboutt it I'm not sure where. Perhaps it will come out one day after all?

Anyway, big thanks for this, Willem. I hope to repay the favour at some point.

3 comments:

Willem RWHAF said...

Glad you have this rare record! Good luck finding the other versions as well...

Nico said...

Didn't think a regular black pressing with just stamp is something you would be into.

Mike said...

Nice score. I was actually just listening to this record recently, and while it took some time for me to warm up to it, I love these songs now.