Monday 21 December 2020

Bitter Branches

One record that I got pretty excited for this year was the debut 12" from Bitter Branches. I'd never heard of the band until fellow blogger Mike wrote about it back in early September. All I needed to hear was that the band featured that guy from Deadguy & Kiss It Goodbye and I was interested. But I then needed information on where to buy this record, and Mike's post came through, telling me that I shouldn't waste my time on the screen printed cover version, and that the rarest variant was for sale at RevHQ. So I ordered one right away.

There were 100 copies on this ugly bright yellow colour vinyl. I find it interesting that the most limited version of this record is being sold by Rev and not the label that released it (Atomic Action). But hey, it's 2020. Everything is the wrong way round this year.

It's funny, but if you would have asked me at the start of the year if I'd like a new record with Tim Singer's vocals, I would have been pretty indifferent. But this one has notched up a lot of plays in the last 3 months. I think it's partly because there are only 5 songs on here, which seems like a great length for when you don't want to get too involved. But this is pretty essential for anyone who ever liked Deadguy or Kiss It Goodbye, and I'm stoked to see what they do next.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Yeah, that yellow vinyl was the way to go. Glad you enjoyed this one!