Sunday 6 December 2020

Back With A Vengeance

There are some records that I can't stop buying. No matter how many copies keep getting pumped out over the years, I keep shelling out more money to own the same thing again and again. I guess everyone has at least one of those records. But in this case this one really is a special record for me. Pretty much THE record that got me into straight edge hardcore,the 'New York City Hardcore The Way It Is' compilation. Despite it feeling like this one has been pressed to death, it's actually been 6 whole years since this once was last (clear orange) copy came out, so I can forgive another pressing coming this year. The 2020 version is on solid yellow vinyl:

There's really nothing I can say about this that I haven't said before. But getting this copy was a reminder that I still technically need a first press to complete my collection. Somehow the copy I own that I thought was a first press is a second press but witht he first press booklet, which isn't good enough. One day I'll get around to sorting it out I'm sure.

No comments: