Monday 16 November 2020

Re-enter The Dragon

Last year I picked up the latest Sick Of It All full length 'Wake The Sleeping Dragon' (which had actually come out the year before). As with a lot of modern records, there were about 10 different versions made for various places, but I picked up the US pressing on Fat Wreck, which to me seemed a better one to own than one of the many versions on Century Media. But then in time I noticed another Fat Wreck version floating about, which was one that was made only for sale at their store in San Francisco. It looked like an interesting looking record, so I figured that I would keep my eyes peeled for a copy if I could get one for a good price... which I eventually did.

This is officially known as 'clear with copper splatter' vinyl, and there were only 145 made. I don't think I have ever seen another record that looks like this before. It actually does look like it has lumps of stuff inside it. I took one photo with the white paper background and one without, as each looked very different, but neither really make this look as interesting as it is in real life.

Kinda funny that I ended up buying two versions of a modern SOIA LP, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Things just happen.

No comments: