Wednesday 25 November 2020

Green Alert

Dischord Records recently pressed up more copies of the S.O.A. demo 7". I think it had been 3 years since the last one. When it was announced I knew I would pick one up, but I wasn't in a hurry. I figured there would be a lot of them, and I would wait for some to make their way to a UK distro. Well, it finally showed up in a UK distro last week and just in time too, as Dischord and the rest of the world seem to have sold out. I'm not sure if they made fewer copies of this one than the previous pressings, but just before it showed up in the UK distro it came to my attention that it's sold out and not available anywhere. So I was glad to be able to get it for new release price and not have to resort to discogs.

There were even a few copies of this that Henry Rollins himself sold. He signed them, and they sold out in about 5 seconds flat. Not that I'm into signed things, but this one would have been cool I think.

The previous pressings of this one have been on red, blue and yellow vinyl. I think there may have also been a black one, but who really cares about that? But even though this new one is the fifth pressing, clear green seems to make the most sense as it compliments the colour of the S.O.A. 'No Policy' 7" (Dischord number 2), which was also on clear green vinyl... albeit a slightly darker shade. So of course, I had to pull the two things out and photograph them together.

Also, as I had a rare day off of work today, I couldn't resist the temptation to get the previous colour pressings out for an updated pic. There's something satisfying about laying multiple copies of a record out... although, once it gets beyond about 6 records it goes the other way and becomes a pain in the ass. Thenkafully there are only 4 of these.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I only bothered to pick up one pressing for this, but seeing the four colors makes me wish that I'd grabbed them all.