Sunday 8 November 2020

Blood Days

Back in 2016 I lost a parcel with a lot of records inside. It's pretty much the worst thing that ever happened to anyone (record related at least), but I got over it and life returned to normal. I barely think about it anymore, but now and again something reminds me of it... like when I pick up a copy of a record that was in that parcel.

Blood Days was a band made up of older dudes who were previously in a whole bunch of big Southern Californian hardcore bands. Gavin Oglesby (No For An Answer, 411), Joe D. Foster (Unity, Ignite), Jae Hansel (Outspoken), Casey Jones (No For An Answer, Ignite). The band formed in 2014 and put out a 12" EP ('Last Day On Earth') in 2015, which was a split release between Irish Voodoo Records and Coretex Records. The band's name is obviously a reference to the Unity LP frmo 1989, and this band sounds pretty similar. I really enjoyed this when it came out and managed to pick up an orange vinyl and a test press, both of which got lost in the mail. I always thought I would buy them again if I came across them cheap, and finally it happened.

The orange vinyl was /100 and was exclusive to Revelation.

I guess this band were forgotten about almost as quickly as they appeared, as I managed to get the test press on eBay for $20. As tests go, this one is good. It's numbered out of 25 copies and comes in a special sleeve.

I checked the pressing info and it turns out that all of the sleeves were signed by the band, not just mine, which means that thankfully I didn't manage to buy this from some fool who asked the band to sign it for him. Somehow that would have been embarrassing.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

The lost parcel incident took place four years ago already? Damn.