Sunday 22 December 2019

More Rev Tests

So now that the year is almost over, I'm racing to wrap up posting some stuff that I have procrastinated over posting, mainly due to difficulties in getting good photos.

Today's post features three more test pressings that I picked up back in about September. These records don't have much in common other than that they were released by Revelation Records. I'll put them up in the order that they released...

Rev 82. By A Thread 'The Last Of The Daydreams' LP. This was released in 1999. The band was from Vancouver and featured a couple of members of the mighty Strain. I could probably say this about a lot of Rev releases, but this one is so damn under rated that it's crazy.

Rev 101. Right Brigade LP. This came out in 2001. A lot of people think this LP is garbage compared to the band's 7", but I like it. It came out at a time when I needed a vicious record like this, and I've always had a soft spot for it.

Rev 149. The Rival Mob 'Mob Justice' LP. Somehow it has been nearly 7 years since this came out, in 2013. I actually picked this as my release of the year for 2013, and it would definitely make it into the 'best of the decade' list too if I were to make one.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Damn! What is the test press count up to now?!?!

Anonymous said...

the record that follow The Last of Daydreams is too underrated

Anonymous said...

I mean 2011 LP "By a Thread"