Monday 13 December 2021

What The 80s Mean To Me

This one has taken me ages to find, and I'm very happy with it as it completes a set that I have been trying to collect for about 13 years. This isa test press the 3rd album on SST Records by fIREHOSE, 'From Ohio'. Or at least, I think it is. It may just be a promo copy. Is there a difference? I'm not sure at this point.

Here it is pictured next to the colour vinyl version that I picked up in a sealed condition back in 2012.

So when I mentioned that this completes a set, this now means that I have test presses of all three of the fIREHOSE LPs on SST Records as well as the colour vinyl copies of each:

As ever, I'm still not quite satisfied, because this latest test press has different labels to the other two. The first two tests both have the pressing plant's standard labels, but this one has bank white labels stamped with the label's catalogue number. I've seen other SST releases with blank, stamped labels and always assumed that they were tests. But after laying these records out for this photo I'm now wondering whether they are promo copies. I'm going to have to do a bit more research on this I think.

No comments: