Thursday 23 December 2021

Blood Filled

It was only last month that I posted about a bunch of Integrity 'To Die For' 12" represses that were fresh off the press, and then here we are a month later with another version. But this one is kinda special. This is a 'blood filled' version of the record, very similar to the liquid filled version of 'Humanity Is The Devil' that came out about four years ago (but which I only received a few weeks ago) yet this one is much more limited.

There were only 20 copies of this one made, and all come with a certificate which contains a number. Mine is number 15.

The record is referred to as 'blood filled' as it is fille with a red liquid... which admittedly looks like a kind of light purple colour in the next two photos:

I think that the reason that the liquid looks some colour that is not red is due to the colour of the plastic, which is a cloudy clear. If you hold the record to a light source, the liquid shows up much better abd is definitely red. So I took a photo with the record in front of a window and then cropped out the background, and it looks completely different. I think this is a pretty good quality image for a photo:

This one came along at a time when I really didn't want to spend any more money, but how could I say no to this one? With only 20 copies in existence, I don't imagine this one will change hands too often, so I'm glad I had an opportunity to pick this up.

2 comments:

gjhead said...

Interesting. Does the liquid throw the balance of the vinyl off at all or effect the play in any noticeable way?

mcs said...

I haven't played it & don't intend to. But I know people who played the other Integrity liquid LP and said it plays fine.