Saturday 22 August 2020

A Dog On A Chain

It seems like there's a new Morrissey record coming out pretty often these days. It used to be that he'd bring out a new album every few years, but recently it feels like it's every other week. Well, I went for years being happy to listen to his music without being too fussed about owning anything physical as the records were all just black vinyl major label pressings with no limited edition formats, but then (like everything else) the newer records started getting pressed on different vinyl colours, and I got tempted me to jump in and start buying.

The latest effort is called 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' and, similar to the last one, the cover is filled with a big picture of his ageing bonce.

The majority of the records seemed to be on red vinyl, which I think was for independent stores. There were also some on clear exclusive to the Morrissey online store. Obviously I wanted the more limited version, because that's the kind of sucker I am.

I'm still not sure what I think of this one. I've only got through it about 4 or 5 times so far. I really struggled to get through it the first time, and immediately decided that it was terrible. But I reached the same conclusion with the last one a year or so ago, and it then turned out to be my most played record of the year. So time will tell I guess.

No comments: