Saturday 29 August 2020

Somewhere In The Swamps Of Jersey

A couple of years ago I went through a bit of a Lifetime phase when I finally discovering their final LP over a decade after it came out. So I picked up a few more records for the collection, added some more to the wants list, and then went on with life.

Last weekend I was chatting with Nico about dickheads on discogs, and I mentioned how one fool had blocked me on there just for asking if I could get a pic of a record. This would have probably been two years ago when I was in my Lifetime phase. So out of curiosity I looked and the record was still up for sale. The seller actually had very high feedback which was 100% positive, so I figured it was worth taking a risk, especially as it ticked my box for cheap stuff from within the UK.

This name of this record always seemed unclear. A lot of people (including discogs) think it's called 'An Outstanding Recording Achievement', but I always thought that those words were just printed on the sleeve to make it look like a retro sleeve (which was clearly the objective). Interestingly, if you go to the label's website, it's referred to as 'The Boys No Good'.

I can't remember if this came out on colour vinyl originally, or just black. My memory thinks that it was originally only black vinyl, and then colour vinyl pressings followed a year or two later. Jade Tree definitely went through a phase of repressing some of its releases on colour a year or two after they had first been pressed. But whatever, there are three colours of this one, and the clear copy completes the set for me. I can't remember exactly when I picked up the red copy, but I'm pretty confident that this collection is over 20 years in the making.

1 comment:

Willem RWHAF said...

Asking for pictures of records in the year 2020 is so uncool! Seriously, considering the amount of incorrectly graded stuff of that site, I ask for pictures also. eBay is a lot better for avoiding such troubles.