Wednesday 22 July 2020

Pretty Buff

Last year Angel Du$t released their third full length, 'Pretty Buff'. With it's weird front cover and a video for a song which featured people dressed as cats, I had zero interest in checking it out. I'd liked the first LP and been a bit disappointed by the second, so I just figured that they were on a downward trajectory and my time with them was over.

Well, in recent months I have found myself at home a lot more, and found myself wanting to listen to something a little different. For some unknown reason, one day I remembered that Angle Du$t had released a weird third LP, and decided to check it out with an open mind. And of course, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. In fact, in the heat of the summer sun, it seemed like a perfect choice for lazy days. So after a few listens I was looking online for a copy to buy, and I ended up finding a red vinyl copy (the more limited colour) for less than the label are still selling the more common yellow vinyl copies.

It's interesting how your opinion can change over time. When I first saw the front cover I thought it was lame as hell, but now I quite like it.

Of course, by coincidence, on the day I went to post this the band just posted a new 3 song EP. At least it appears to be digital only, which means I don't need to debate whether I should buy one or not.

No comments: