Saturday 11 July 2020

Between Earth & Sky

Back in 2009 a compilation 7" was released that included Bane and 3 other bands. I finally picked up a copy 4 years later, in 2013. The main point of interest for me was Bane. I think I probably played that compilation once and left it there. Back then I had no real interest in the other bands on that comp (Grade, Unrestrained and Between Earth & Sky).

A few weeks ago the songs from the comp were put up on a bandcamp page, and I gave them a listen for a second time, and I was instantly grabbed by the songs from Between Earth & Sky. I had no idea who the band was, so I immediately looked them up, and found that it was a band featuring Greg Bennick from Trial and Sean Lande from Strain & By A Thread. I then discovered that they put out a 12" back in 2011, and then managed to find one for sale in the UK, which I grabbed immediately.

'Of Roots And Wings' contains 6 songs and was released by Refuse Records. There were 217 copies on blue vinyl. There were also some on clear, and a tour press I believe.

The only other thing I can think to say about this one is that it sounds just like Trial. If you were into Trial then you'd probably enjoy this, and if not you probably won't. Although I don't know why I'm explaining this to anyone when this thing is now 9 years old. I'm guessing everyone else heard this when it came out, so already know whether they like it or not.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have never heard of this, and definitely need to correct that oversight immediately!