Tuesday 16 April 2019

Dirge Of Escapism

I thought I'd spend the next few posts effectively catching up on 2018. I didn't buy many new releases in 2018 for various reasons, although I did download and listen to a few. Now that I'm managing to actually acquire the vinyl, I figured I'd spread the posts out and deal with them in alphabetical order...

I'm starting withe the Primal Rite 'Dirge Of Escapism' LP. I listened to this online and was blown away by the opening riff. It sounds so damn hard. It became the soundtrack to my gym workouts for a few weeks.

As you can see, this one came out on Revelation. Just looking at the band logo, that seems like a slightly odd fit... although it's not as if Rev has a particular sound really if you think about it. Anyway, this is some heavy hardcore that's great for lifting weights to, or punching holes in walls. Whichever you're most into.

Blue vinyl is the limited colour from the first press and out of 167 copies. Even though it came out in January 2018, somehow there are still copies available from the label here.

1 comment:

Willem RWHAF said...

I noticed you put 'somehow' in the last sentence about the availability of the most limited color. Since Revelation ship out their limited colors of some releases to European distributors, I guess they don't sell them as well anymore...