Tuesday 3 October 2017

Kingdom Of Heaven

Integrity week, day 2.

This time it's the 'Kingdom Of Heaven' 7". This was released by A389 back in 2011 and, at the time, I completely missed the pre-order and the record totally passed me by. There was a limited white vinyl copy for pre-orders, a black vinyl and also a 'red' vinyl copy which was, I think, a band only or friends colour. Something like that. I managed to get the three different copies over the last three or four years and have featured each on here in the past. However, at some point in the last few months I saw a listing for a purple copy for sale, which purported to be the band only colour. I figured this was probably some low key or secret pressing that I didn't know about, so I bought it. When it arrived I was surprised to find that it wasn't really purple at all, but more just a red with a lot of black in the mix. It's so dark, in fact, that most people would probably just think it was a black copy.

I placed this copy next to my 'red' copy and found that they look different enough for me to keep both, despite them essentially being the same thing. The new copy is the one on the left, whilst my older copy is the one on the right:

So after realising that I actually had all three versions of this 7", it felt like I was missing one crucial piece of the puzzle - the test press. And by good luck I managed to track one of those down too.

Numbered inside the sleeve out of 11 copies. By coincidence, I managed to bag the same number as the 7" test press that I posted yesterday.

Two days, two tests. What on earth could I have lined up for tomorrow? Come back in 24 hours to find out...

No comments: