Sunday 24 September 2017

Precious 'Unravelings'

Earlier this year and people were getting excited for a new release by a band called Precious. It was (coincidentally) released on Record Store Day, although actually had nothing to do with RSD as far as I can tell. Anyway, there was an obvious excitement in the air, and (as usual) I had no idea what was going on. So I downloaded the songs, and pretty much instantly got it. Featuring the singer of Threadbare, guitarist and drummer from Adamantium, and bassist from Snapcase, this is a 90s hardcore fan's dream. That said, it doesn't really sound like something from the 90s. It sounds really modern, and yet kinda old and familiar at the same time. But man, some of these riffs are HARD, and they sink their claws into your brain and won't let go. After a couple of days of listening to this over and over, I knew I was going to have to buy a real life copy ASAP.

The main dilemma I was presented with was which colour to buy. Indecision Records had three colours to choose from, with the most limited being the orange swirl vinyl out of 200 copies, so I went with that.

It's actually more of a dirty yellow than an orange, but hey, who's counting?

However, I kinda felt that, despite being the most limited colour, the orange was the least well matched colour to the artwork. And also the clear blue (out of 395 copies) looked great. So I couldn't resist picking up one of those too.

And of course, picking up two copies would be weird when there were three available. So I rounded out the set with the white vinyl (also of 395).

I've been trying not to pick up multiple copies of new releases these days. But I totally couldn't resist with this one. This is one of the best records I have heard in a long time, plus the artwork and the vinyl colours are awesome to look at too. So you'll excuse me for indulging myself. If you've not heard this yet I suggest you follow the link to their bandcamp (above) and treat yourself ASAP.

1 comment:

geoff said...

file this under: another record i forgot to check out and thankfully have now, thanks to you marcus.