Monday 11 September 2017

Time Flies...

Yet another record from the the same seller, and yet another test press. I'm not sure how well remembered the band Time Flies are these days, but around the turn of the century they were one of my favourites. Even though I have a few of their records, my collection is far from complete. They're one of those bands whose records I've never really chased hard, but over time several of their records have fallen into my hands. And here's the latest example - a test press of their first 7":

This was first released by InVAsion Records, and then repressed by Malfunction Records. The test press was for the original press on InVAsion, and seeing as the Malfunction repress used the same plates, a repress test press wasn't necessary. So there is only one test press for this record despite it being released on two different labels. Checking the pressing info on discogs, there were apparently only 6 copies of this test, although this isn't numbered. So basically, I'm pretty lucky to have this. Maybe I should now think about actually going after the copies of this that I'm missing as I'm not that far away from having a full set. Although having said that, it's kinda fun to just sit back and see what comes along in time...

5 comments:

Mike said...

Excellent score!

chris said...

Love it!!! One of my favorite tests!

Nico said...

Great score, still like this band a lot.

Andy McKay said...

I'd guess the figure of 6 copies is underestimating it a bit. I have 2 copies of this myself, each with different covers. I have 1 with the same cover you have, though not personalized, as well as the "Pilot Cover."

Pilot Front Cover and vinyl
Pilot Rear Cover

mcs said...

Wow, that pilot test cover is so much better! Sits nicely alongside the artwork of the LP. Cool that you have two different versions of the test though. Collecting multiple versions of tests = next level