Monday 4 September 2017

Brown Seaweed

Back in 2011 Seaweed released a new 7" on No Idea Records. I'm not sure how many were made, but until a few short months ago I had thought that all copies came on green vinyl, as that was all I had ever seen. Then, earlier this year, someone mentioned to me that they were looking for a brown copy. A few clicks later and I discovered that they weren't as confused as I had first thought, and there was indeed a brown vinyl copy out there. It jumped to the top of my want list and I looked everywhere I could think of to find one without success. Well, one day someone posted one for sale on instagram, and I jumped on it.

So even though I now have one of these, I don't know how what the deal is with it. Is it a second press? Was the first press divided between green and brown vinyl? Could this be a rare first press colour variant? Excuse the pun, but I have No Idea.

Regardless of pressing info, with this copy I think I have a complete collection of this 7". Not too tough as there are only three different versions. Here's the evidence if you need it:

No comments: