Saturday 9 November 2013

One Man's Shit...

It's tough to resist lists of stuff for sale whenever I get sent one. Most people have something good in their collection, or rather, something I want. So when Doug recently sent over his list of stuff for sale, it was almost inevitable that I would find something on there I wanted. Thankfully there was nothing too rare or expensive, although Doug wouldn't have let anything of that nature go anyway. The things I grabbed were picked to fill some small holes in my collection.

In alphabetical order, the first item is this Breaker Breaker 7". This came out on Bridge Nine way back in 2001. I have a red vinyl copy (which for some reason isn't shown on the B9 discography) but always wanted a clear copy. It's always been low priority though. I used to like this when it came out, although I'm not sure it has held up as well as some other things from the same era.

Next up some Iron Boots 7" variants I was missing. Nothing too exciting though. The final show press of the Demo 7", the black vinyl press of the 'Easy Green' 7" and the regular black vinyl copy of the 'Weight Of The World' 7".

And to round off this batch of 7"s, the clear vinyl second press of the Mindset 'Real Power' 7". I missed this when it came out. Come to think of it, I missed a lot of React! second pressings, but most of them I am not bothered about.

There's gonna be a lot of stuff appear on here for the next few weeks. My last three months' worth of purchases have just shown up in the mail. I can probably blog every day from now to the end of the year. Watch this space...

2 comments:

Mike said...

Funny to see you post the Breaker Breaker record. I was watching a Cali tour press on eBay last week. I'd never seen it before, and it was limited to only 30. I was contemplating placing a bid on it, but then I remembered that I never listen to this record, so why would I want another copy. Bidding topped out at $6.50, and I regretted not going for it.

mcs said...

I was watching that same 7", and I too had never seen it before. The only reason I didn't bid was that I forgot about it.