Wednesday 27 November 2013

Descendents Bits & Bobs

Today I'm featuring a few new additions to the Descendents collection. Nothing too exciting. I'm just slowly chipping away at the block.

First up is a weird one. This was released on a label called Sessions Records back in 1997 and features two 'songs' recorded at the same time as the 'Everything Sucks' LP. The first song was a b-side song on another 7" - the 'When I Get Old' 7" (which I also picked up recently) and the flipside is an instrumental song that featured on the end of 'Everything Sucks' but as a 'secret' (un-named) song. So all in all this is a pretty pointless record.

Next up I bagged two extra copies of the 'Merican 7". I previously picked up a blue copy and a white copy, both of which were from the second press. I picked up a red vinyl copy, which is from the first press and is out of 522 copies:

I also picked up a clear blue copy. The blue vinyl was from the second press and is out of 218 copies.

The interesting thing about the blue vinyl is that there are different shades. I previously picked up a blue which was very dark clear blue. This new copy is a much lighter shade. Here are the two together which really shows the difference:

There are also some opaque baby blue copies out there. They seem rarer to me. I can tell it's going to be a tough find. I'm now looking for one of those too.

Finally, I picked up another color of the 'Bonus Fat' 12", this time on green vinyl. This is a repress from last year (or possibly the year before):

I picked up a grey vinyl copy almost a year ago. Here's the two together to show the colour difference:

I'm still in need of a blue vinyl copy of the 'Cool To Be You' LP. On the off chance that anyone reading this has one that they want to let go, get at me.

No comments: