Thursday 8 October 2009

27 / Bug Split 12" Test

So a few weeks ago I was really lucky and found a 27 test press on eBay. Which somehow kicked me into trying to track down more of their tests. One interesting record that they released was a split 12" with an Austrian band called Bug, which was released as a joint effort by two Austrian labels. So I just emailed one of the labels and asked if they wanted to trade - one of their test presses for one of mine. And fortunately for me, they went for it. I was pretty stoked. They only had two left and weren't overly keen to let one go, insisting that I promise to never sell it. Now, of course there's no danger of that. My collection is like a one way street. Stuff comes in but doesn't go out. They even gave me a regular sleeve to keep the thing in. Stoked.

The sleeve on this record is really nice. Not a standard sleeve by any means:

Here's a pic of the test next to the regular version (which is 525 copies on clear pink vinyl):

Great score. Sometimes I even impress myself.

3 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

Cue Juan's rage

mcs said...

I like to think of it as admiration rather than rage.

jhulud said...

Goddamnit Marcus!!! You're killing me here!!! That is awesome though. Just paint my ass green with jealousy!