Sunday 11 October 2009

Crucial Response Order

A few months ago I found out that there was a version of the Brotherhood LP with a limited cover. I just assumed it was some limited version from like 1989 or something when the record came out. And because I had never seen one over the years, I figured it was super rare and would thus be super expensive to acquire. However, recently, Mike bought one direct from the label... so I cruised over to the Crucial Response store and sure enough, it's still available. This version is part of the third press. There were 101 copies with this limited sleeve as a part of the Crucial Response 'Raw Data' series... which seems to be where Crucial Response have made limited, screen-printed covers for some of their releases. Being a cynic, I'm guessing that this idea was probably conceived in order to sell left over records that had been sitting around for a few years. I mean, come on, what kind of idiot would fall for that?

Given that I had taken the time to venture all the way to the Crucial Response store, I figured I might as well stop and have a look around for a while. And by chance I found a few bits to pick up to keep the Brotherhood LP company in transit. First up, the new 12" from Insurance Risk:

This isn't actually a new release, just a 12" compiling both their 7"s on to one handy 12". The first 259 copies are on red vinyl.


Also picked up a green vinyl copy of the first Insurance Risk 7":

Also picked up the same Insurance Risk 7" with a screen-printed cover (part of the same 'Raw Data' series, out of 107 copies):

Then grabbed a couple of Get The Most 7" repressings. One on blue vinyl:

And one on red vinyl:

The Crucial Response website is really impressive. Not only does it have a good discography detailing the pressing info of all their releases, but the whole site is written in both German and English, and you select the language you want by clicking on a little flag. Really clever stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Insurance Risk 12" is amazing!

I got a shit load of CRR records last week also.

Mike said...

Nice order from CRR! I've never heard Insurance Risk, but I can tell that I'm going to have to.