Monday 13 September 2021

The Mutt's Nuts

Another new post and another new release. Will wonders never cease?

I would guess most people reading this are already aware of this one, but this is the sophomore LP from Chubby And The Gang, titled 'The Mutt's Nuts'. This was one officially released a couple of weeks ago so I'm actually quite up to date for once. I downloaded this and wasn't impressed after a couple of listens, finding it slower and less of a jolly romp than the first album. But after a couple more listens it started to grab hold, so I decided that I'd buy a copy. The dilemma was then whether to buy the more limited black vinyl, gatefold sleeve version, or the common colour vinyl version. Given that neither seemed particularly limited, I just went with habit of a lifetime and picked up the colour vinyl.

Cool to see that this one also features the same style artwork as the first LP, although the cover of this one looks way nice in my opinion. I guess it must be the colour scheme.

My copy arrived sealed, but outside of the shrinkwrap was included this 'insert' with signed pictures of the band members. I'm unsure as to whether every copy comes with one of these or not, although I would guess probably yes. But if that's the case then why was it not included inside the cover? Strange.

In some ways this record seems to have come along at a similar time to the first one for me. The first album always reminds me of January 2020, as I went through a short period back then of listening to it whilst walking along the River Thames on the way to my new job that I didn't like. And here we are a year and a half later, and this second album is now proving to be the soundtrack for me finishing up at that very same job, which I decided to leave as I recently realised that I still don't like it.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Cool record. The only thing that I don't like about the cover is that every time that I look at it, I think it says Churry and the Gang.

mcs said...

Ha! I hadn't noticed that. But you're right! Kinda sloppy.