Friday 17 September 2021

The Closure Of Closure?

In June this year I bought 3 colour vinyl copies of the Integrity album 'Closure', which was officially issued on vinyl for the first time since it was released back in 2001. At the end of the post I wrote this:

...at this stage, it is unclear as to whether there will be another pressing or not. Although if I know Integrity, it seems more likely than not.

Well, it was iterally one week after my post went up that I saw someone post a photo of two more different versions on instagram. Obviously I had to pick them up to keep the collection as close to 'complete' as possible... although obviously this is a total illusion as there is no such thing as 'complete' as far as Integrity is concerned, so I'm not sure why I keep on chasing the impossible. But never mind.

These two colours were also, I believe, limited to 100 copies each, just like the previous three copies I picked up. The first one is known as 'absinthe ice':

The second copy is referred to as 'Halloween':

This album is defiitely the odd man out when it comes to Integrity records, although the record has grown on me over the years. And whilst it's good to see an 'official' release on vinyl, and I quite like what has been done to the original artwork, I'm not such a big fan of the vinyl colours chosen. So it's a good job I only have 5 copies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny that Dwid always banged on about the original vinyl release being a bootleg and that he'd disowned Closure and it would never be reissued...