Sunday 27 June 2021

Pissed Playground

I was having fun last year picking up cheap 7"s from within the UK, and I stumbled across the band PHC. I'd never heard them before, but really enjoyed the 7" (which was released in 1989) and ended up picking up 3 copies of the thing, which then made me keen to pick up the full length. So when a nicely priced copy popped up for sale in the UK, it was an easy decision to grab it.

The 'Pissed Playground' LP was released by New Beginning Records in 1989 and it was pressed on black vinyl only. The front cover art is kinda whack, but the back cover art is kinda cool I think.

All copies also came with a promotional poster, and fotunately this copy has it included. Overall it's in top condition, especially considering the age.

I'm not sure where this went wrong exactly, but somewhere between the 7" and this LP the sound seems to have changed. The guitar is barely audible on this record, and pretty much all I can hear is the bass. But then the record itself feels pretty disorganised, with lots of little breaks from the songs. It even starts off with a cover song, which I'm not sure I've ever seen before. So overall this has been a major disappointment sadly.

No comments: